Saturday, March 23, 2013

Waking up with Great Anticipation!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The twenty-third of each month, I'm studying Psalm 57. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]! Psalm 57:8 (AMP)

"I will awake early," Literally, "I will awake the dawn," a bold figure of poetry, as if the writer had said - The morning shall not awake me to praise; but in my songs I will anticipate the dawn. R. T. Society's Notes

Anticipation:  enthusiasm, anxiousness Synonyms: alacrity, ambition, anticipation, ardor, avidity, earnestness, excitement, fervor, greediness, gusto, heartiness, hunger, impatience, impetuosity, intentness, keenness, longing, promptness, quickness, solicitude, thirst, vehemence, voracity, yearning, zeal, zest, zing.

Remember those days when we were kids and were so excited for a vacation, or a special day, that we woke up extra early, and jumped out of bed? We were filled with so much joy, excitement, anticipation that there so just NO WAY we could stay asleep. 

Psalm 57:8 expresses the same thrill of anticipation concerning praising God. The very thought of praising and giving thanks to God, wakes me up rejoicing! Literally, waking singing a song! 

If I want to awake singing a song of praise to God, there are a few things I must do—before I go to sleep!
  1. I need to take time to consider and think about who God is. 
  2. I need to take time to count the wonderful blessings God gave me that day, week, month, year.
  3. I need to take time to contemplate God’s greatness.
  4. I need to take time to collect some praise music to fill my mind as I drift off to sleep.

Waking up with great anticipation to praising my awesome wonderful God, is the best way to create a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment