Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Eyes Will Sparkle


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The seventeenth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 13. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. Psalm 13:3 (NLT)

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; lighten the eyes [of my faith to behold Your face in the pitchlike darkness], lest I sleep the sleep of death. Psalm 13:3 (AMB)

When a person is sick, or unhappy, the eyes are dull and lack luster. Depression causes they eyes to “be in a fog”. Eyes sparkle when they see something they like, approve of, or are happy with. Eyes that sparkle are radiating the joy from within.

The old saying, “The eyes are windows to our souls.” has some truth to it. When we are happy and at peace, our eyes sparkle, they “smile”. When we are sad, depressed, and yes, sinning and ignoring God, our eyes are dim and lifeless. 

How do I keep that sparkle? Simply, “keep the soul clean”, meaning that first when I sin, I repent and ask God for forgiveness; and secondly, I remember who God is and what He is doing. 

In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul! Psalm 94:19 (AMP)

Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits— Psalm 103:2 (AMP)

Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, You are very great! You are clothed with honor and majesty— Psalm 104:1 (AMP)

For He satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with good. Psalm 107:9 (AMP)

My soul yearns for You [O Lord] in the night, yes, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly; for [only] when Your judgments are in the earth will the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God). Isaiah 26:9 (AMP)

When my soul fainted upon me [crushing me], I earnestly and seriously remembered the Lord; and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple. Jonah 2:7 (AMP)

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Matthew 11:28 (AMP)

When my soul is right with God, when my “soul is clean”, my eyes will sparkle because of God’s amazing love, and that will create a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment