Monday, March 18, 2013

“Spring Tree”


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 1. Here is what I learned.

And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. Psalm 1:3 (AMP)

They are like trees that grow beside a stream, that bear fruit at the right time, and whose leaves do not dry up. They succeed in everything they do. Psalm 1:3 (GNT)

Wither: disgrace, dishonor, lightly esteem, come to nothing, make vile, drop down, languish, wither and fall, fade.

I live in Illinois, and very Fall, the leaves turn beautiful colors and then fall off the trees, leaving behind bare branches. To me, the trees during the winter months look dead. The trees are simply a bunch of brown, grey sticks. No beauty. No life showing. 

In contrast to the Winter trees, are the Spring trees. The bright green leaves begin to spout and it seems like overnight the trees are full of green lush leaves. The evidence of life has returned. 

I want to be a “Spring Tree”, one with green lushes leaves that are bright evidence of the life within... the life is supplied by God. No matter what season of life I’m in, a dark, painful Winter, growing pains of Spring, fun, joyous Summer, or cool, colorful Fall, I can still produce the lushes green leaves of peaceful life—if I remain grounded in God’s Word. 

To create a positive day and be “Spring Tree”, I must not only read and study God’s word, but allow it to take root in my soul and life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment