Friday, February 15, 2013

Remembering Me & Caring for Me


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The fifteen of each month, I'm studying Psalm 8. Here's what Treasure I found today.

But why are people even important to you [What are people that you remember them]? Why do you take care of ·human beings [the son of man]? Psalm 8: 4 (EXB)

What (but why): what is there (common) to me and to thee?, what end, to what purpose.
Man (people): a mortal, humanity, miserable man; man in his fallen state, full of infirmity, ignorance, and sin.
That: expressing consecution, especially after a question implying surprise
Art mindful (remember): recall, call to mind, usually as affecting present feeling, thought, or action.
Son of man: the son of Adam, the sinful son of a sinful father, his son by likeness of disposition.
Visitest him (care): pay attention to, observe with care, practical interest, give a charge, commit, to attend to.

To fully understand Psalm 8:4, you have to read Psalm 8:3: 
I look at your heavens, ·which you made with [the work of] your fingers. I see the moon and stars, which you ·created. (MSG)

When one compares the vast expanse and greatness of the Heavens and all that God created, to mere man— why would God even bother with us? Look at the finite universe in which we live. We are but “ants”  in comparison to the immenseness of all creation. It’s humbling to realize that the Almighty God, Creator of all, remembers mankind—and more importantly, remembers individuals. And God know only remembers each of us, He cares for each of us. 

“[Are not…?] Five sparrows are sold for only two pennies [Greek: assaria; copper coins of very low value], ·and [yet] God does not forget any of them. But ·God even knows how many hairs you have on your head [even the hairs on your head have all been numbered]. Don’t be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows.” Luke 12:6, 7 (EXB)

Can you grasp that fact? God KNOWS exactly how many hairs are on my head. That means that God knows MORE about me than I know about myself! And not only does God KNOW about me, He CARES about me!

"This is a marvelous thing, that God thinks upon men, and remembers them continually." John Calvin

To create a positive day, I simply need to remember that the Almighty God, Creator of all, is remembering me, and caring for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment