Sunday, February 10, 2013

F = W = GU = D = PxEE


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 111. Here is what I learned.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Good sense is shown by everyone who follows God’s guiding principles. His praise continues forever. Psalm 111:10 (GW)

Fear: reverence, inspire reverence, godly fear, and awe, put in fearful reverence.
Lord: of deity Yahweh.
Beginning: chiefest, the first, in place, time, order or rank, forefront.
Wisdom: skilful, wisdom, wisely, wit.
Good: to be pleasing, be (do) better, beautiful, best, better.
Understanding: prudence, insight, good sense, discretion, knowledge, wisdom, wise.
Have all (is shown): to complete -- (make) perfect, in all manner.
Do (follow): accomplish, exercise, commit, observe, be occupied, yield,
Praise: adoration, thanksgiving.
Endures (continues): abide, dwell, establish,  be employed, remain.
Forever: perpetuity, eternity, everlasting, old, perpetually.

F = W = GU = D = PxEE
There are several parts to this equation: 
F: Fear. This an action required of me. I am to be in awe and put in fear of God Almighty.
W: Wisdom. Fear of God equals wisdom, to be wise.
GU: Good Understanding. The best insight wisdom (based upon the fear of God).
D: Doing. The wisdom and understanding produces action.
PxEE: Praise Endures Eternity: The action produced by the wisdom and understanding is praise, adoration which endures for all eternity. 

Action ultimately produces eternal action! My responsibility is to FEAR God Almighty. That fear of God will result in wisdom and understanding of His will and since I fear God, I’ll want to DO His will and thus will worship Him with my praise and adoration for all eternity. 

Actions speak louder than words. I can say that I fear God. But if I’m not living my life in accordance to God’s Word, am I really fearing God Almighty? If my actions aren’t reflecting my fear of God, than I need to stop and go back to the beginning—fearing God. That begins with knowing Who God is. When I realize Who God is, that should produce a fear of God. For although God is love, He is also holy, just, supreme, righteous, merciful, all-powerful, all-knowing, absolute truth, and faithful... and the list continues.

Fearing God is the first step to wisdom and understanding, and that first step leads to doing God’s will, and that leads to praising God. The equation to creating a positive day is: F = W = GU = D = PxEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment