Friday, May 14, 2010

Friends

This was my devotional email tonight from Meet me in the Meadow by Roy Lessin, (DaySpring). As I read it, my heart overflowed with thanks to God for His gift of Christian Friends.
Here are some very special thoughts written by Pastor Howie Moss that share the meaning a Christian friendship can bring into your life.

F Faithful – as a friend, you model faithfulness to our Lord and to me. For this I am blessed.

RResponsible – as a friend, you hold yourself responsible to our relationship and in so doing held me responsible to our Lord.

IInsightful – as a friend, you provide a perspective on life that I otherwise would have never been aware of.  By this you have opened my eyes to see our Lord’s nature in many wondrous ways.

EEnjoyable – as a friend, you make the journey of this life so much more enjoyable.  The laughter and simplicity of friendship you bring to my life has given me a heart that can smile, even in the midst of difficulty.

NNatural – as a friend, you strongly influence me to understand the worth of just being who I am…The importance of being who and what God created me to be and not what man expects me to be.

DDesirable – as a friend, you continuously point me to the Cross.  Challenging me to compare myself, not to others, but to the Cross.  This has put a fire of desire in me to live for Jesus, love like Jesus, learn from Jesus, and lean on Jesus. Thus, your friendship to me is very desirable because it brings me closer to our Lord.

A Christian Friend is great at helping you turn from negative to positive! A friend's kind word, a hearty laugh, or even a look can help you change your attitude from "poor me" to "I'm RICH!". And it goes both ways! As you create your positive day, you encourage your friend!

Take a moment and let your Friends
know what they mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment