Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Proverbs 3:5a: Trust

Trust in the Lord ...... Proverbs 3:5a

Trust: rely upon
In: denoting motion towards
Lord: Yahweh

Trust. Dependence. Reliance. Sureness. Confidence. 

To be honest, I have trust issues. I tend to be self-reliant, after all, I can "do it myself". I know that 3-year-old mentality appearing again. BUT, if I do it myself, I know that it will get done. I know that it will be done right (or at least right according to me). I know that ....... the list goes on. 

Trust. The key to trusting is not the act of trust itself, but the WHOM. Who do I trust? We all, at one point in our lives, trusted someone who in our minds, let us down. But, we are NOT putting our trust, reliance, in a person. We are to TRUST GOD, the Creator of all. 

First, God is trustworthy simply because HE IS GOD. Period. 
Let's look at this fact for a moment. He is the one who holds each star in place. He is the one who keeps the earth tilted at just the right angle so that the tides work, and so that the weather isn't too hot or too cold. He is in charge of the sunrise and sunsets. He is in charge of the vast galaxies. 
I'd say that the One who controls and takes care of all those details, is worthy of trust. 

But if you need more than that, God is trustworthy because He has PROVEN Himself trustworthy! God keeps His Word. Read through the Bible, and take note of each promise that God made, and how He kept that promise. 

And if you STILL need another reason to trust God.... well, I'd say look into your own heart. For if your heart is permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG), then you'll understand that God is trustworthy. 

Trust. Not just in someone—but in God Himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment