Monday, July 27, 2015

Luck

If you are looking for the posts about
God's Amazing Blessing Announcement—I'm moving!
here's the link to the first Part: 

______________________________________________
This post is the continuation of my study of Ruth. 
When you harvest the grapes in your vineyard, don’t ·pick the vines a second time [glean what is left]. Leave what is left for foreigners [resident aliens], orphans, and widows. Deuteronomy 24:21 (EXB)
Ruth 2:1-3.
Naomi and Ruth are now in Bethlehem. For food, Ruth goes to the fields to glean behind the workers.   Ruth "just happened" to pick the field belonging to Boaz. However, knowing the rest of the story, we know for certain that this was designed by God. 

We know from Ruth 2:1, that Boaz was wealthy and related to Naomi's husband, Elimelech. Again out of all the fields Ruth could have ended up, she was exactly where God wanted her to be. 

Luck. Just happened. Providence of God. 

Often we attribute circumstance to just luck. However, God Almighty is working and planning to carry out His perfect plan. We often don't realize all that God is doing on our behalf. 
Ruth, knew that she should be out gathering food for her and Namoi. And because God had set a plan for how the widows and orphans were to gather food (Deut 24:21), Ruth could go to the fields and work to supply what they needed. 

It was important too that Boaz followed the laws of God. Boaz was a wealthy man, he knew that leaving grain behind would cost him money. However, he chose to follow God's laws and allow those in need to glean and gather food. 

Looking at my life, I can seem MANY circumstances that at the time, I might not have realized it, but God was working. It's exciting to see God's providential hand working things out in my life. The details He takes care of are so amazing. It's exciting to know that "He's got it all under control." 

When my heart is permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG), I am right where I need to be so that God can continue to lead and guide me. I don't have to depend on LUCK, for I have the One who controls the Universe watching out for me! 

1 comment:

  1. Providence, yes. Luck, no. Like you, I have seen where the Lord was working, though at the time, I didn't realize it,

    ReplyDelete