Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Residence

[The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Colossians 1:13 (AMP)

As I read this verse, the first thought that stood out was the The Father delivered or rescued us (me). Now, as much as I like to "do it myself", when it comes to Salvation it CANNOT be done by ones self, no matter who you are. God in His grace and mercy is the only One who can rescue us from the dominion of darkness; sin. 

The next things that stood out, was that God didn't just rescue me, but PUT me or transported me to His Kingdom! God completely changed my situation! 
And this isn't just "any Kingdom". This is the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, God's beloved Son. A Kingdom in which Jesus Christ as complete royal power, kingship, and dominion.

So, am I living like I am part of God's Kingdom? Or am I still wanting to wallow around in the darkness and despair? Sadly, there are days I choose sin over God's amazing love. Thankfully, God forgives. 

Only when I am permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG), will I live as a residence of God's Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment