Wednesday, May 6, 2015

God's Redemption

"In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins." Colossians 1:14 (AMP)
In Whom: Jesus Christ. Salvation is not based on some book or feeling. It's based on the God's Son, who died in payment for MY sins (and yours). 

Redemption: bought, delivered, rescued. 

Forgiveness: How does one describe "forgiveness"? In our human minds, when we forgive, we more than not, remember the action against us, and hold it against that person for years. That is not the forgiveness God gives. Rather, His forgiveness is full and He not only forgives but "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:12)"

Our sins: My sins. All sins. The thoughts, the actions, the non-actions. 


If only I could fully grasp the truth of God's redemption....the impact it would have in my life. The more I'm permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG), the more I'll begin to understand God's holiness and His grace and mercy in redeeming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment