Monday, August 26, 2013

Powerful and Steadfast Unmovable Source

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 62. Here is what I learned.


How long will you set upon a man that you may slay him, all of you, like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence? Psalm 62:3 (AMP)

How much longer will all of you attack someone who is no stronger than a broken-down fence? Psalm 62:3 (GNT)

How long will you attack a man? How long will all of you strive to crush your prey when he’s like a leaning fence or a wall on the verge of collapse? Psalm 62:3 (VOICE)

A bowing wall. A wall, when ill built, bulges out in the centre, presenting the appearance of nearly twice its actual breadth; but, as it is hollow within, it soon falls to ruins. The wicked, in like manner, are dilated with pride, and assume, in their consultations, a most formidable appearance; but David predicts that they would be brought to unexpected and utter destruction, like a wall badly constructed, and hollow in the interior, which falls with a sudden crash, and is broken by its own weight into a thousand pieces. John Calvin 

Comparing Psalm 62:3 to Psalm 62:2 there is a HUGE difference between the strength and steadfastness of God vs the frailty and weakness of man. 

He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved. Psalm 62:2 (AMP)

With this difference so great, why do I continually want to trust, or get the praise of man? Why would I want to lean upon a wall, ready to collapse? 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that my trust is in God, the powerful and steadfast unmovable source of truth and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment