Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Approved by God


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 33. Here is what I learned.


He Who fashions the hearts of them all, Who considers all their doings. Psalm 33:15 (AMP)

He made the hearts of them all. And He understands whatever they do. Psalm 33:15 (KJV)

He has formed every human heart, breathing life into every human spirit; He knows the deeds of each person, inside and out. Psalm 33:15 (VOICE)

Their works - Both outward and inward, all the workings of their minds and actions, and all their endeavours and actions. Wesley's Explanatory Notes

Thinking about doing something is NOT the same and actually doing it. 
And doing something for the wrong reason or with the wrong attitude is NOT the same as doing something with your whole heart. 

Not every thought turns into action. And not every action is because of a good thought. The key is to turn those good thoughts into the proper action. 

God knows the whys and whats of my actions. He knows the thought, or lack of thought, that went into doing doing something. Why did I do it? Was it out of care and concern? Was it out of love? Or was it out of spite? Or was it done for attention? If the action was done with a proper motive, was it done well? 

I need to first get my thoughts to be approved by God. Then I need to turn those thoughts into the proper actions that will accomplish God’s will and bring glory to Him. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that both my thoughts and actions are approved by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment