Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Spirits Will Soar!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 13. Here is what I learned.

But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in Your mercy and loving-kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in Your salvation. Psalm 13:5

But I trust in Your faithful love; my heart leaps at the thought of imminent deliverance by You. Psalm 13:5 (VOICE)

My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation; which God is the contriver, author, and giver of, and in which the glory of his perfections is so greatly displayed: and a true believer rejoices more on account that God is glorified by it than because of his own interest in it; and this joy is an inward one, it is joy in the heart, and is real and unfeigned, and is what continues, and will be felt and expressed both here and hereafter. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

What makes my heart leap? What raises my spirits? The truth is that nothing on earth can make my heart leap—for pure joy. Oh, there are things that make me smile, and happy, but true joy comes only from God. True joy provides a constant that allows my heart to leap no matter the situation or circumstance. 

When I realize that God’s faithful love is ever-present and available to me, no matter how high my pain level, no matter how bad my headache is, no matter........ the circumstance, or situation! God’s love is the constant that should make my heart leap! 

Think of that for a moment. God, the Creator of all, the Amazing Almighty God loves us. Can you grasp that fact? God loves me! God loves you! 

To create a positive day, I only have to stop and reflect on God’s amazing constant, unconditional love and then my heart will leap and my spirits will soar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment