Monday, April 1, 2013

Leave the Driving to Him—I’m Just Along for the Ride!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 67. Here is what I learned.

The ·nations [peoples] should be glad and sing because you judge people fairly. You ·guide [lead] all the ·nations [peoples] on earth. ·Selah Psalm 67:4 (EXB)

May all nations celebrate together, singing joy-filled songs of praise to You because You judge the people fairly and give guidance to all the nations of the earth. Psalm 67:4 (VOICE)

O let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for You will judge the peoples fairly and guide, lead, or drive the nations upon earth. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 67:4 (AMP)

Guide: to lead, direct, to transport.

God will guide, lead, transport me in accordance to His will and purpose. As I read this verse, I thought, I’m along for the ride! God will do the “driving” so to speak. I just have to be willing to join Him and allow Him to lead and transport me! 

God has given me an amazing friend, who graciously and willing drives me to my doctors’ appointments and surgeries. When we go to a  new office, we have a choice. We can just drive around and hope we find the office, or we can print out the directions and maps and then know where we are headed and arrive at our destination. Really, my part is easy, I just read the directions, and recline back and relax. My friend, navigates the traffic, the road construction, detours, etc. But I have learned to trust my friend. I know that she will get us to our destination. 

The same can be true in life. If I allow God to guide, transport, “drive” me, then I can relax knowing full-well that He will get me to the destination He has chosen. However, many times I find myself wanting to do one of two things, 1) jump out and go my own way, or 2) move over into the driver's seat. However, either of those two choices will result in many delays, detours, and perhaps even heartache and/or misery. 

To create a positive day, I simply have to join God and leave the driving to Him—I’m just along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment