Saturday, April 6, 2013

All-inclusive Set


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The sixth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 43. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Send me your light and ·truth [faithfulness] to ·guide [lead] me. Let them ·lead [bring] me to your holy mountain [Zion, the location of the Temple], to ·where you live [your dwelling]. Psalm 43:3 (EXB)

Send your light and your truth.  Let them guide me. Let them bring me to your holy mountain and to your dwelling place. Psalm 43:3 (GW)

Light and Truth. An all inclusive set. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The Lord is my life’s fortress. Who is there to be afraid of? Psalm 27:1 (GW)

You are the lamp who lights my way; the Eternal, my God, lights up my darkness. Psalm 18:28 (VOICE)

Your word is a lamp to guide me and a light for my path. I will keep my solemn promise to obey your just instructions. Psalm 119: 105-106 (GNT)

"Light and Truth." Delightful and all-comprehensive words. They contain all the salvation and all the desire of a believing, confiding soul. But it is only when thus combined - separated they are no longer a ground of trust and joy. For what would favour avail without faithfulness? It would be no more than the uncertain friendship of men, who smile today and reproach tomorrow; who make large promises, but do not perform them. On the other hand, truth without light, faithfulness without grace, would be only the dreadful execution of terrible but just denunciations on the transgressors of the holy law. The promise of the Great Deliverer was given; then faithfulness was enlisted on the side of grace, and became engaged for its bestowment; "mercy and truth met together; righteousness and peace kissed each other." Since then, all humble and trusting souls have beheld them united, and have made their union the ground of their confidence and joy. Henry March

Light and Truth. An all-inclusive, all-comprehensive set. "Mercy and truth met together; righteousness and peace kissed each other."

Shine Jesus Shine
Don Moen
Lord, the light of your love is shining
In the midst of the darkness, shining
Jesus, Light of the world, shine upon us
Set us free by the truth you now bring us

Shine on me, shine on me
Shine, Jesus, shine
Fill this land with the Father's glory
Blaze, Spirit, blaze
Set our hearts on fire
Flow, river, flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy
Send forth your word
Lord, and let there be light

Lord, I come to your awesome presence
From the shadows into your radiance
By the blood I may enter your brightness
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness
Shine on me, shine on me

As we gaze on your kingly brightness
So our faces display your likeness
Ever changing from glory to glory
Mirrored here may our lives tell your story
Shine on me, shine on me



To create a positive day, I must accept God’s all inclusive set of  Light and Truth, and then act accordingly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment