Monday, March 25, 2013

Possession—it’s Mine, but do I keep it in Storage?


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The twenty-fifth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 62. Here's what Treasure I found today.


He is my rock and my ·salvation [victory]. He is my ·defender [fortress]; I will not be ·defeated [shaken]. Psalm 62:2 (EXB)

He alone is my rock and the One Who saves me. He is my strong place. I will not be shaken. Psalm 62:2 (NLV)

Possession: custody, dominion, hold, occupancy, occupation, possessorship, proprietary, proprietary rights, proprietorship, retention, tenancy, tenure, title.

When I look around my apartment, I am thankful that God has supplied me with several nice things. Some, I was able to buy new, others I bought at yard sales. And each day I make good use of my possessions. Whether it’s reclining on the Daybed working on the laptop, or watching TV, or making a meal in the kitchen using pots and pans, I avail myself of my possessions. 

But every now and then, I need to get something out of my storage unit, and I’m reminded of things that I have stored away. Some of those stored items I use once a year, like the Christmas decorations. But there are other items that I haven’t used for years, but they are still mine, but I don’t avail myself of my possessions. 

Psalm 62:2 lists several characteristics of God, that ARE MINE, but do I avail myself of them, or do I keep them in storage? When I place my possessions in storage, they are not readily available, and often I forget what I own! Out of sight, out of mind is true. If I keep the truths about God in storage, and don’t actually believe them and act on them, I’m not availing myself of the possessions that God has given me. That’s pretty sad if I ignore the gifts God has given me and put them in storage. And it sure makes it harder to get through each day, when I don't use what God has given me. 

God is my rock. Security. 
God is my victory. Salvation.
God is my fortress. Strong place.

If I truly avail myself of my possessions, than I will not be defeated! I will have victory. It’s only a matter of getting the truths out of storage, and availing myself of God!

To create a positive day, I need to grasp the truth of my possession—it’s MINE, and make sure I’m not keeping it in storage and going it on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment