Tuesday, March 26, 2013

And It Starts Today


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 96. Here is what I learned.

Sing to the Lord, bless (affectionately praise) His name; show forth His salvation from day to day. Psalm 96:2 (AMB)

Sing to the Lord; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Psalm 96:2 (NLT)

Sing to the Lord! Praise his name! Day after day announce that the Lord saves his people. Psalm 96:2 (GW)

Day-to-Day 
Adj.
1. of or belonging to or occurring every day; "daily routine"; "a daily paper"
Synonyms: everyday, regular, usual, routine, accustomed, customary, habitual, constantly.

Habitual: means made a norm or custom or habit or fixed practice.
Customary: means in accordance with convention or custom.
Usual: means commonly or normally encountered, experienced, or observed.

Habitual. Customary. Usual.

Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex. Norman Vincent Peale 

I am to make it a fixed practice, a daily custom, a normal experience to proclaim the good news of God’s saving grace. Proclaiming, talking about God is to be an automatic reflex. But, why is talking about God’s amazing saving grace so hard? It is the most precious wonderful gift, yet I am hesitant to discuss it. 

Habitual. Customary. Usual. It doesn’t happen all at once. It’s “day-to-day”.  I need to create a habit of proclaiming God’s amazing grace to those around me—and it starts today. Then, when tomorrow comes, I’ll make it a point to do it again. Day-to-day. It’s not yesterday, then next week. It’s the “here and now”. Today. 

To create a positive day, I need to create a habit of sharing God’s amazing saving grace with those around me, and it starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment