Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anticipation

Today the Daybed is to arrive. Although I only ordered it 2 weeks ago, I've wanted one for a long time, so now that it's a reality, I'm excited. As I look at where the daybed will go, I am filled with great anticipation. The mattress arrived last week, so this afternoon, I'll be able to be relaxing on the daybed. 

This morning I was so excited that a piece of furniture was arriving...... it got me thinking about my relationship with God. Am I anticipating my time with God, more than the arrival of the daybed? Do I get up excited to spend time reading and talking with God? Or do has it become so routine that the excitement as waned?

Anticipation: expectation or hope. Nothing is more solid than the hope that God provides. It's not a "guess hope" it's a "KNOW SO HOPE". What God says He will do. 
"As the deer pants
for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God."

Have you ever experienced one of the really hot muggy days, where your mouth was so dry, you couldn't talk? Remember how you craved that cool drink of water? Remember how it felt as it hit your mouth and trickled down your throat? It was so refreshing, that your entire body shivered as you drank. 
That is how refreshing spending time with God is... or should be. Yet, if my time with God has become routine, or if I'm more interested in the next item on the schedule, something has to change. Time with God, no matter what time of day, should be one that is anticipated with joy. My soul should crave it just as my body craves that icy water on a hot summer day. 

There is no way to create a positive day if I ignore the true source of truth and joy: God.

No comments:

Post a Comment