Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Broke My Bank..literally!


This morning, I broke my bank. It was a bank I've used for 34 years; a glass elephant. I used the bank for my loose change. When it was full, I'd take the coins to my bank and use the money for fun stuff. Over the years, the money has bought me many things.. and even gifts for others. But as I started thinking about what I actually bought with the money...to be honest, I couldn't remember a single thing!! Wow! I saved money for 34 years, and don't remember what I bought with it.

That reminded me of Matthew 6:20, "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Am I storing up treasure in heaven? The next verse reads: For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Where is my treasure and where is my heart?

I'm going to get a new bank, and continue storing up my loose change. But I hope the next 34 years, I spend the money on something worthwhile enough that I remember it. And I'm going to work harder at storing up treasure in heaven...that's something I'll remember for ETERNITY!

More important than creating a positive day, is creating a day in which I glorify God. As I go about my day, I should be serving God through my actions and attitude. Keeping my heart focused on God and living for Him will put a positive spin on any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment