Saturday, November 28, 2009

What works....

One thing I've learned about living with chronic pain....the body works in amazing ways! One side-effect of my pain medication is nightmarish dreams. They can be bizarre to frightening. I have tried many things to get rid of the dreams....but finally my chiropractor and I found something that works! Electro-acupuncture. There are 9 points; 6 on the back, 1 on my left foot, and one on each wrist. The points are stimulated between 15 to 30 seconds each, and the treatment keeps me nightmare free for about a week.
Electro-acupuncture also has kept me Migraine free for a year! I still have my constant headache, but that doesn't compare to a migraine. I can treat the migraine points myself with the Stim Pro Plus (http://www.ihconcepts.com).
The more I learn about the body, I continue to realize how unique God made us.


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. (Psalm 139: 13, 14)

God knew how to "assemble" the body so that it works without us knowing how! I don't have to know how to digest my food. I just eat and the body does its "thing" to use the nutrients to make my body work. I don't have to think about how often my heart beats, it beats in a particular rhythm to assure a fresh oxygenated blood supply to all the organs in my body.

When things don't work properly, that's when our bodies get our attention. If we feel pain or are sick, we than realize just how much our bodies do without any help from us! God created us...we did not evolve. God made us in His image. We are wonderfully made. We need to give God praise!

Want to create a positive day? Take a moment to think about how your body works. As your amazement continues to grow, you can't help but praise God. And praising God creates the ultimate positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment