Thursday, September 7, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:6

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)

God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....
vs. 6: Provides Motivation
Then I would not be ashamed, when I look into all Your commandments. Psalm 119:6
Then: expressing logical sequence
Not: nay, neither, never, no
Ashamed: be put to confusion, to be disappointed
Look: look intently at, consider, regard, have respect
All: altogether, any manner, every one
Commandments: which was commanded, law, ordinance, precept

The past few days, we've been very motivated as we prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Irma. It's amazing how a threat can motivated us into action. We all knew that hurricane season was approaching, but most did nothing about it, until there was a real threat. 

In my life, do I would in crisis mode? Do I wait until I'm in trouble before turning to God? What motivates me into action? 

What should motivate me to obey God's Word, is that it is in fact His Word! If I am obeying His Word, then when I read His Word, it becomes a blessing. However, if I am disobeying God, then reading His Word should be convicting. 

Looking back at the previous verses, there are actions and choices that should be part of my daily life. If I am thinking and acting, in a manner honoring God, then I have no need to be ashamed. 

What motivates you? Do you wait until you are in crisis mode? Or are you creating a daily habit of obeying God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment