Friday, February 10, 2017

What does God prefer?

As I was studying Galatians 5:22, 23, I decided to see what other verses used the same words.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 (NKJV)
Back to "Love". Love, what God prefers. 


As I started thinking about WHAT GOD PREFERS, I had to stop and really think about what I know about God, and what I know God's Word says. 
This love is not a feeling that changes with the seasons. God does not change. He is holy. He is just. He is righteous. What God prefers is not something that I can change because I want to justify my actions, attitude, or what I want in life. What God prefers, is based on God Himself. 

First and foremost, I need to make sure that I am setting the standard for my life based on "what God prefers".  That means, that I have to filter what the World tells me is ok, through God's Word. Looking at our Nation and what is "acceptable" in lifestyles, dress, conduct, music, actions, attitude, mind-sets — one can clearly see that we have left God out of our decision making. 
What God prefers is not a suggestion of conduct. No, what God prefers is the solid foundation on which our lives should be built. What God prefers is steadfast, unchangeable, and truth. 

What God prefers. What does God prefer? Here are two verses the immediately come to mind. 
"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8  
These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19

What God prefers. That should impact every aspect of my heart, mind and soul. Am I choosing "what God prefers"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment