Saturday, July 11, 2015

Diligent & Evidence

If you are looking for the posts about
God's Amazing Blessing Announcement—I'm moving!
here's the link to the first Part: 

Then follow the arrows at the bottom of each post to the next Part.
There are 10 parts in all.
I recommend that you read each part, there are amazing details—
and God took care of each and every one! 

______________________________________________

This post is the continuation of my study of Philemon. 
I give thanks to my God for you always when I mention you in my prayers,
Because I continue to hear of your love and of your loyal faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and [which you show] toward all the saints (God’s consecrated people).
Philemon 1:4, 5 (AMP)

Paul once again mentions that he is praying for others. This such an important aspect in the Christian life, but so often neglected. I also like the fact that Paul lets others know that he is praying for them. What a great encouragement that is; to know someone is praying for you. 

Thanks to God:
A prayerful heart is keenly appreciative of the least evidence of Christian excellence, and joyfully thanks God as the Source and Giver of all good. Prayer and gratitude are usually blended together. 
Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary

Word travels fast... and even faster today with the internet! Paul continued to hear about the faith and love demonstrated. What a great thing to hear about another person; love and loyal faith! 

Love and Faith:
This faith embodies the theoretic principles of Christian life, while this love for saints embodies these principles on their practical side. Like heart and lungs in the body, each has its own functions; and, though separate, the one never acts apart from the other--life being the combined play of both. Faith binds to all Christian verities, translating them into personal convictions; while love binds to all Christian motives, translating these into personal activities--love being well called the daughter of faith and the mother of virtue and good works. A. H. Drysdale, M. A.

Am I praying diligently for others? Am I encouraging them, by telling them I'm praying for them? 

What are others hearing about me? Are they hearing about my love and loyal faith to God? Is the love I have for God evident to those around me? 

A heart that is permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG), will cause one to be diligent in prayer, and there will be evidence of a love for God in his/her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment