Monday, June 1, 2015

Why would I want to?

If you are looking for the posts about

God's Amazing Blessing
Announcement—I'm moving!

here's the link to the first Part: 
Then follow the arrows at the bottom of each post to the next Part.
There are 10 parts in all. 
 _______________________________________________

 This post is the continuation of my Study of Colossians. 
In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a [spiritual] circumcision [performed by] Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts). Colossians 2:11 (AMP)

with the circumcision made without hands:
which is that of the heart, in the spirit; every man, though he may be circumcised in the flesh, is uncircumcised in heart, until he is circumcised by Christ and his Spirit; which is done, when he is pricked to the heart, and thoroughly convinced of sin, and the exceeding sinfulness of it; when the callousness and hardness of his heart is taken off and removed, and the iniquity of it is, laid open, the plague and corruption in it discerned, and all made naked and bare to the sinner's view; and when he is in pain on account of it, is broken and groans under a sense of it, and is filled with shame for it, and loathing and abhorrence of it. John Gill's Exposition of the Bible 
in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh.
....this is done several ways; partly by Christ's wrapping himself in the sins of his people, bearing them in his body, and becoming a sacrifice for them, whereby the old man was crucified, and the body of sin destroyed; and by an application of his blood, righteousness, and sacrifice, to the consciences of his people, whereby their iniquities are caused to pass from them, and they are clothed with change of raiment; and by the power of his Spirit, laying sin under the restraints of grace, not suffering it to have dominion, but causing grace to reign through righteousness; and by the saints themselves, under the influence of grace, who put off the old man with his deeds. John Gill's Exposition of the Bible


"pricked to the heart, and thoroughly convinced of sin, and the exceeding sinfulness of it"
As I read this verse and the explanation, I had to stop and pause. Am I pricked to the heart because of sin and the shame of it? Or have I become calloused and allowed the World to give me reason to justify sin? 

When sin becomes the norm in society, is it still sin? The answer is found only in the fact and truth that God is the standard, not society or man. And if God says something is sin—that fact remains throughout eternity. It doesn't matter how we "Feel" about the sin, or that "times have changed" or any other excuse. If God Almighty has said something is sin—that is the truth and absolute standard. 


So thankful that I do not have to live in the shame of my sin, for Christ died for my sin and has forgiven me of all my sin. I am clothed in the righteousness of God! Does that mean I can simply "enjoy life" and sin all I want? The real answer to that is "Why would I want to?" 

Sin is going against God Almighty. Why would I want to do something that He has declared sin? Sin disgusts Him. He is HOLY! If I have a heart that is permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG), than I will want to live my life in accordance with God's standard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment