Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Living Like Road-kill

If you are looking for the posts about

God's Amazing Blessing
Announcement—I'm moving!
here's the link to the first Part: 
Then follow the arrows at the bottom of each post to the next Part.
There are 10 parts in all. 
_______________________________________________

 This post is the continuation of my Study of Colossians. 


[Thus you were circumcised when] you were buried with Him in [your] baptism, in which you were also raised with Him [to a new life] through [your] faith in the working of God [as displayed] when He raised Him up from the dead. And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions, Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared [completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross. Colossians 2:12-14 (AMP)
Old vs New. Death vs Life. Contrasts.  
Placing my faith in Jesus Christ has given me life. After Salvation comes a choice: live for Christ or remain stuck in my sinful ways. 

As I read these verses, all I could think about was the smelly, bloated road-kill on the side of the road. Swarming with flies, and the buzzards circling overhead. Death. 

Why, since I have the choice, would I want to continue living like road-kill? Living a life of sin and death instead of living a victories life through Jesus Christ? 

How can one "live" like road-kill? That doesn't make any sense. EXACTLY! That's the point. God forgave me of my sins. I know have the power to make the choice to live for Him, obeying His Word. Yet, too often sin seems easier or more exciting for that moment. But there are consequences for each and every action. 

Think for a moment of what Christ did for us on the Cross. He had all our sins place upon Him. God the Father had to turn away because of the sin on Jesus Christ. The price was paid so that my sins could be forgiven. The very least I can do is live a life in accordance with God's Word. Living a life—or living a life of death, like road-kill. Contrast. Choice. 

To enjoy the freedom God provides through His grace and mercy, and not live like road-kill, I must be permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG).

No comments:

Post a Comment