Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Say, “No to Sin”


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 47. Here is what I learned.

God rules the nations. He sits upon his holy throne. Psalm 47:8 (GW)

God is King over the nations. God sits on his holy throne. Psalm 47:8 (EXB)

God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness - He is a holy God; he proclaims holiness. His laws are holy, he requires holiness, and his genuine people are all holy. The throne of his holiness is the heaven of heavens; also the temple at Jerusalem; and, lastly, the hearts of the faithful. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Holy: blessed, chaste, clean, consecrated, dedicated, devoted, devout, divine, faithful, faultless, glorified, god-fearing, godlike, godly, good, hallowed, humble, immaculate, innocent, just, messianic, moral, perfect, pietistic, pious, prayerful, pure, revered, reverent, righteous, sainted, saintlike, saintly, sanctified, spiritual, spotless, sublime, uncorrupt, undefiled, untainted, unworldly, upright, venerable, venerated, virtuous.

Evil: depraved, immoral, irreligious, irreverent, sacrilegious, sinful, unholy, unsacred, vile, wicked.

Holy. Evil.  Pure. Vile. Sanctified. Sinful.

There is a huge contrast between God and man. God is pure, without sin. Sin is vile to Him. And sin is not what I say it is, rather what sin is, is based on a Holy God. 

I can never live a sin-free life. For I am a sinner. However, because of God’s love and mercy, He provided a way of forgiveness for my sin—the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. It is through Him that I have eternal life and my sins are forgiven. 

Do that give me a “free ticket” to sin? No! For if I truly love God, I will not, and do not want to live a life of sin. Paul states it with way: 

·So [What then shall we say?] ·do you think we should [shall we] continue sinning so that ·God will give us even more grace [grace may increase/abound]? 2 ·No [Absolutely not; May it never be]! We died to ·our old sinful lives [sin], so how can we continue living ·with [or in] sin? Romans 6:1, 2 (EXB)

To create a positive day, I need to acknowledge that God is holy, and that because of His love and mercy, I am forgiven of my sins.... but remember that I am to say “no to sin” because I love a holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment