Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Standing Tall!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The twenty-seventh of each month, I'm studying Psalm 121. Here's what Treasure I found today.

He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber; Psalm 121:3 (NIV)

He will not let ·you be defeated [your feet be moved/slip]. He who ·guards [watches] you never sleeps. Psalm 121:3 (EXB)

He won’t let you stumble, your Guardian God won’t fall asleep. Psalm 121:3 (MSG)

Not: nay, neither, never, no, nor, not, nothing.
Be moved: a shaking; tottering, wavering.

On February 25, 2013 my Ponder Morsel was “Mighty God One.” God is my sure foundation–Rock, cliff, mighty God one. Solid, sure, and strong. If I’m standing on that sure foundation, I will not be shaken!  When standing on God’s foundation, that is sure and steadfast, I can remain “standing tall”. 

There is an old gospel song, “Standing on the Promises”. 



When I’m “standing on the promises” I will not be shaken, no matter what is happening around me. Satan can be creating earthquakes of fear, doubt, and disappointments, but if I remain standing on God’s rock-solid foundation—I won’t even shake! I will remain standing tall. 

I use crutches due to nerve damage in my left leg. The left leg doesn’t always support me. One thing I’ve learned about winter, is that crutches are not very reliable on ice. My sure footing, no matter how careful I am, disappears on a sheet of ice. Sometimes I fall down, other times, I catch myself and often twist my back... yes ouch. On a sheet of ice, I don’t remain standing tall, my footing is shaken, and I find myself tottering, and even falling. 

Each day, I have a choice on where I’ll stand; on God’s rock-solid foundation, or on the slippery slopes Satan provides... including fear, doubt, and disappointments. I’d much rather my feet be on the rock-solid foundation so that I’m not shaken! I want to be standing tall. 

To create a positive day, I must be trusting God and remain on His rock-solid foundation, so that I will not be shaken, but rather I’ll be standing tall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment