Friday, March 1, 2013

Exercise that Knowledge


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The first of each month, I'm studying Psalm 67. Here's what Treasure I found today.

May your ways be known throughout the earth, your saving power among people everywhere. Psalm 67:2 (NLT)

So the world will ·learn [know] your ways, and all nations ·will learn that you can save [your salvation/victory]. Psalm 67:2 (EXB)

Your way: a course of life or mode of action, journey, manner.
Known: observation, care, recognition, acknowledge, acquainted with, advise, be aware.

God’s course of life, mode of action, manner....what is God doing, and what does He want me to do? Can one really know what God wants? The answer is “yes”. Oh, we may not know some things, or specific details, or what will happen... before it happens. But there is PLENTY that we do know! 

Just take the Ten Commandments. Exodus 20:2-17
  1. I am the Lord, your God. You shall have no other gods before me.
  2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image.
  3. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother.
  6. Thou shall not kill/murder.
  7. Thou shall not commit adultery.
  8. Thou shall not steal.
  9. Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
  10. Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife (or anything that belongs to your neighbor).

The ten commandments, modes of action that God has specifically stated—we are very aware of them! The list is very simple. Yet, as simple as that list is..... how many times do I fail at exercising on that knowledge? 

Seeing “knowing” what God course of life, mode of action is..... is one thing. Notice that the word, “way” means mode of action. Knowing should produce action. I need to be “exercising” God’s way daily. As I exercise what I do know, God will reveal His will and way to me so that I can continue on the journey He has planned for me. 

So often I want to know what God’s will is for me tomorrow or next week. But I don’t want to do God’s will today. My focus can’t be on the future if I’m not willing to obey and do what God wants today. 

To create a positive day, I must learn God’s will for the ‘here and now’ and exercise (act on) that knowledge, and let God take care of the tomorrows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment