Friday, February 22, 2013

Very Noisy!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 30. Here is what I learned.

To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalm 30:12 (AMP)

I’m about to burst with song; I can’t keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can’t thank you enough. Psalm 30:12 (MSG)

I took time today to read back through my Ponder Morsels since January 1, 2013. As I read through the Psalms and what God taught me on each particular day, I was reminded of why I started the Ponder Morsels. (To read the previous Ponder Morsels, click on "Ponder Morsel" or "Ponder Book" in the labels at the end of this post.)

I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you. Psalm 119:15 (MSG)  
As I read that this morning, what came to mind is my own personal "GPS" from God. However, the GPS only works as good as you pay attention to the directions. And God's GPS ALWAYS has the right directions, unlike some GPS/Map Aps from companies. 
The overall idea of Psalm 119:15 is that first I realize the importance of God's Word in living day to day. Secondly, the goal is to "think about it, so that it has an effect on my life". God's Word should have an impact on my actions, attitude, and speech. And lastly, this doesn't "just happen" I have to make a conscious effort to ponder every morsel from God. 

I found that each day, God provided examples or object lessons so that I would have a understanding of what God was teaching me. I’ve also noticed that having a truth about God to think about through the day, sure has been instrumental in helping me work through decisions. The Ponder Morsels have also been key to changing my attitude from “poor me” to “praise God” on these days of increased pain. 

I can’t keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can’t thank you enough. Psalm 30:12 (MSG). 

My God is amazing. And I hope that I am very noisy about God. And I hope that I remember to thank God often for His help, support, and for His patience in teaching me. 

To create a positive day, I need to be very noisy about God and take time to thank Him for Who He is and what He is doing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment