Monday, November 1, 2010

High or Low: What is my level of Praise?

"When your level of complaining
is at an all time high,
it could mean that
your level of praise
is at an all time low."

by Tony Evans
This was posted on Tony Evan's FB page. As it read it, I realized just how true it is. As I continued to think on it, I questioned:

What makes my level of praise
hit an all time low?

It didn't take me long to figure out the answer.  The past two weeks, I've been doing a Bible Study on "In the Presence of Jehovah" based on the song sung by Damaris Carbaugh.
When I spend time in the presence of God, my level of praise rises to new heights. Being in God's presence is comforting, encouraging, worshipful, humbling, and life changing.

When I spend time worshiping and praising God, that transfers to all aspects of my life. God provides new perspectives and insights. In God's presence, He confirms that He knows exactly what is happening and He is in control of it all. He has a plan and is accomplishing that plan. 

There is a thought that:
If you live with someone long enough,
you not only begin to think like them,
you look like them too.
 I want that to be true of my relationship with God. I want to spend time in God's presence, so that His thoughts become my thoughts and I want people to see Christ in me and through me.

If my complaining becomes an "all time high", and my praise hits an "all time low"; than I am over due for some time in God's presence.
When my relationship is right with God,
being in God's presence
is the most secure, peaceful,
and encouraging place I can be.

Creating a positive day is almost automatic
when I've been
In the Presence of Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment