Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God's Creative Care!

Yesterday, I had an appointment to begin the next phase of my pain management treatment. On the way to the Doctor, I was getting a bit nervous, not of the appointment, rather the thought of the increased pain level. God knew I needed a laugh.. and he provided a great one! 
I went through a drive through to get some lemonade. As I pulled out waiting for the traffic to clear, I noticed a man in the parking lot. He was very well dressed— suit pants and dress shirt, and was holding a crumpled fast food bag in one hand. With the other hand, he was SPRAYING himself with FEBREZE!!! Guess that's one way to get rid of the hamburger and onion smell on your clothes!
I couldn't help but laugh.
I was more at ease as I arrived at the Dr's Office. As I waited for the appointment, I was able to talk with several people in the waiting room. I used to wonder why God decided I should use crutches. But I've learned that they are good conversation starters! Everything God does has a purpose. 

After I left Dr. T's office, I went to see my chiropractor. Then I stopped at my Walgreens, but they didn't have one of the medications. The pharmacist called several other places and found it at another Walgreens, very close by!  So, I drove there to get the medications and pick up some milk and sunscreen. While I was looking for the sunscreen the cashier called out to me. We knew each other from the Apartment complex, so we started talking, and were interrupted when the pharmacy called my name, so I got my meds and went back to the sunscreen aisle and continued talking with Nancy while searching for the right level of sunscreen.  Once again, God had a plan in making sure I ended up at THAT Walgreens! He's so creative!!!
Oh, and the new medications came in Generic! That made the medication affordable! God continues to supply my needs. 

Today, I started the new medications. I'm dizzy and my headache is worse, both normal side-effects. The next few weeks will be a roller coaster for me, but God is right there taking care of me.
Going cold turkey off medications is not fun, but God continues to provide just what I need to get me through this at exactly the right moment. I'm looking forward to seeing how God cares for me during this phase of my life.
There is nothing more positive
than being in God's creative care!

No comments:

Post a Comment