Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1

It's February already, wow.
How are you doing with your 
"2010 Habits" (resolutions)? 
I like the idea of habits, since it's something that can take time to develop and I want to continue them.
In January and February
I'm working on
a Nutrition Habit. 
Due to my medications and pain, I'm very seldom hungry; therefore, I forget to eat. That's not good. This year, I'm working on creating a habit to eat 3 meals and a few snacks each day. There are some days I forget lunch, but I'm improving on my eating habit.
 
Another habit I'm working on 
is encouraging others. 
I wasn't sure how I would do this, but God has showed me that this is done in many ways and often unplanned.
The main habit for 2010 is Thankfulness. 
For each day, I write down something for which I'm thankful. Often the hard part is picking just one thing for the day! This has been a great blessing so far. Usually, each night before bed, I take a few minutes to write on the 365 Days of Thanks calendar, and than thank God for His hand on my life. I've enjoyed this habit. I truly am blessed. 

Well, one month of 2010 is gone, there are 11 more. I have no idea what God has planned for this year, but I do know He is in control. I'm looking forward to seeing how God leads this year. Creating habits is not done quickly, rather they are created one day at a time by repeating an action. 
The same is true for creating a positive day. It happens slowly over the day. Yes, some days it's a bit harder than others; however, it is still possible.

It is a choice to create a positive day. 
That choice is made by directing
our thoughts toward God and His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment