Thursday, June 25, 2020

Psalm - Psalm 11

Psalm 11:7For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.
The Lord ·does what is right [is righteous], and he loves ·justice [righteousness], so ·honest people [the upright/virtuous] will see his face. Psalm 11:7 (EXB) 
The Eternal is right in all His ways; He cherishes all that is upright. Those who do what is right in His eyes will see His face. Psalm 11:7 (VOICE) 
For righteous [is] Jehovah, Righteousness He hath loved, The upright doth His countenance see!' Psalm 11:7 (YLT)
For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness - This would be more correctly rendered, "For Jehovah is righteous; he loves righteousness." The idea is, that God is himself righteous, and, consequently, he loves those who are righteous. He may be confided in, therefore, by the righteous as their friend, and being under his protection they have nothing to fear. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

If you look at my social media accounts, you can see some of my interests. I have followers and follow racing fans; Military and First Responders and Organizations and companies helping our Heroes; and Christian organizations, bloggers, among others. Those are people/organizations that are “like-minded”. 

As I read Psalm 11:7 this morning, I had to stop and consider the concept that God is Himself righteous and He loves those who are righteous. Now, on my own, I cannot nor could I ever reach God’s righteousness. But because of His grace and mercy, I am made righteous.
Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death. Philippians 3:8-10 (NLT)
I can’t reach righteousness on my own, but I can choose righteousness. If I love God, I want to be like-minded and love what He loves, I need to make sure that each and every day, I’m making the choice to obey God. If God had a social media account, would He want to “follow” me? Because He is righteous, He loves those who are righteous. 

Psalm 11 - A Righteous God loves Righteousness

No comments:

Post a Comment