Saturday, November 4, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:33-34

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)


God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)

Psalm 119: God's Word....


vs. 33, 34: Provides Application

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Psalm 119:33-34

Teach. Keep. Give. Keep. Observe. 

Teach: a primitive root; properly, to flow as water (i.e. to rain); transitively, to lay or throw (especially an arrow, i.e. to shoot)
Keep: guard with fidelity, observe
Give: a primitive root; to separate mentally (or distinguish), i.e.(generally) understand -- attend, consider, be cunning, diligently, direct, discern
Observe: A primitive root; properly, to hedge about (as with thorns), i.e. guard; generally, to protect, attend to, etc. be circumspect 

O Eternal One, show me how to live according to Your statutes, and I will keep them always. Grant me understanding so that I can keep Your law and keep it wholeheartedly. Psalm 119:33, 34 (VOICE)

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I will [steadfastly] observe it to the end.Give me understanding [a teachable heart and the ability to learn], that I may keep Your law; and observe it with all my heart. Psalm 119:33, 34 (AMP)

A teachable heart and the ability to learn — and apply what is learned. When we study God's Word, we should be learning and with that learning comes the responsibility to act on what we learn. 

A teachable heart and ability to learn. Oh, that would be my prayer each day as I study God's Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment