Thursday, October 5, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:18

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)


God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....

vs. 18: Provides Perception

Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18

Open: denude, uncover
See:  look intently at, to regard with pleasure, have respect
Wondrous: to be surpassing, extraordinary 
Law: Torah, precept or statute

How often do I read Scripture, with my eyes covered? Covered by my ideas of what Scripture should mean. Covered by my limited understanding of a holy God. Covered by my selective memory and opinion. Covered by my circumstances. Covered by my sin. 

How often do I read Scripture with a prayer that my eyes would be "denude" so that I can see God's Truth? How often do I read scripture looking intently with respect at what God says? 

How often do I see God's extraordinary, surpassing anything I could image..... truth in Scripture? 

How often, when I do see an extraordinary truth, do I let it impact my life? 

My prayer...... Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18

No comments:

Post a Comment