Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:16

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)


God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....

vs. 16: Provides Position

I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word. Psalm 119:16
Delight: to look upon with complacency (a feeling of quiet pleasure or security)
Statutes: something prescribed; phrases of obedience
Forget: to be oblivious of, from want of memory or attention
Not: ignorant, worthless
Word: spoken, advice, commandment, communication, reason, request, speech

A few weeks ago, a Catagory 2 Hurricane came through my area. The wind and rain were intense and it was pitch black as the electricity had gone out. As the storm raged, I felt such peace. And it wasn't because of the safety of the Castle.

The peace and safety weren't because I knew what would happen as the storm continued to slowly pass by. I felt peace and safe because I knew that no matter what happened, my God was ultimately in control. If the trees that were cracking and breaking outside landed on the Castle, then God would take care of the fixing of it all. If the roof shingles blew off, then once again, God would take care of the repairs. How? I had no idea. But I did know that God controls the wind. I do know that God cares for me. I do know that no matter what happened, God would remain faithful to who He is! God is never-changing and faithful. 

When I place my security in God's Word and I remember who God is and all that He says, it is then that I live in the position of safety and peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment