Thursday, March 16, 2017

The art of USING wisdom (James)

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

If: a condition, thought of as real, i.e. viewed as factual
Any: a certain one, someone, anyone
Of you: where the person is to be emphasized
Lack: to be destitute of, be absent of
Wisdom: literally "the art of using wisdom";  the knowledge and practice of the requisites for godly and upright living

As I was studying this verse, I had to stop at that word, "wisdom". It literally means the "art of USING wisdom". How many times do I KNOW the right thing, but sadly, I refuse to DO the right thing. 

The art of USING wisdom. What good is it to know something, and not put it to use? 

It's sad to be in the destitute state of not using wisdom. But thankfully, there is ONE who can supply us with wisdom and the knowledge of how to put into action. 

The art of USING wisdom. 

I'll finish the study of this verse on another day. For right now, I want to mediate on the art of USING wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment