Thursday, February 23, 2017

Absolutely Trustworthy

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies. 2 Samuel 22:2-4 (NKJV)

Trust: A primitive root; to flee for protection (compare batach); figuratively, to confide in -- have hope, make refuge, (put) trust.

Why is God worthy of trust, and trustworthy?

Rock: literally cliff, from a root word meaning to be lofty; a craggy rock, literally or figuratively a fortress, strong hold.
Fortress: Castle, a fastness, defense, a strong place
Deliverer: bring into security, carry away safe
Strength: mighty God one,  a rock or boulder, strong
Shield: to hedge about, i.e. protect, defend
Horn: symbol of strength
Of my salvation: liberty, deliverance, prosperity, safety
Stronghold: God as refuge, a cliff or other lofty or inaccessible place, high tower
Refuge: place of escape, a retreat
Savior: to be safe, deliverer
Violence: cruelty, damage, injustice, unrighteous
Call: summon, address by name
Worthy to be praised: to rave, to celebrate
Saved: be liberated, properly placed in freedom
Enemies: hating; an adversary, foe

Meditate on each of the words describing God. Once the meaning of the words and the power displayed in each, then the truth that God is absolutely trustworthy stands out. 

Knowing who God is — how can you help but trust Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment