Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Now and Henceforth

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the Lord.
Psalm 104:33-34 (NKJV)

Sing: to make song while traveling, going about singing
As long as I live: each day I'm living
Sing praise: to celebrate in song and music; give praise, sing forth praises
While I have my being: literally in the continuance of, while I'm living, now and henceforth
Meditation: to ponder, i.e. (by implication) converse (with oneself, and hence, aloud)
Sweet: the idea of close association, Intermix; to be agreeable -- be pleasant, take pleasure in
Glad: cheer up, brighten up, make joyful, cause to rejoice

Throughout my day, as I go about my daily routine, I am to be singing to the Lord. I am to be celebrating God's goodness. I am to be continually honoring God and praising Him. 
And that begins when my thoughts are agreeable—intermixed with God's. Intermixed...... so much that God's thoughts are so intwined that my thoughts and His thoughts become one in the same. 
And the end result of this.... is that I will then "brighten up" I will be joyful! 

Thanks Living! 

No comments:

Post a Comment