Friday, January 27, 2017

Peace - How do I respond?

As I was studying Galatians 5;22, 23, I decided to see what other verses used the same words.

Peace - God's gift of wholeness

Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:18
And that which is sown in peace will produce a harvest of joys. Let others reap the fruits of contentions, and all the advantages they can propose to themselves by them but let us go on peaceably to sow the seeds of righteousness, and we may depend upon it our labour will not be lost. For light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart and the work of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary

My response to different situations, effects not only those around me, but the entire atmosphere itself. Responding with anger, frustration, and an unwillingness to listen, automatically creates tension, discord, and at times even chaos. 

Responding with peace (God's gift of wholeness) can dampen any simmering flames of hate, discord, and chaos. 

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Peace - God's gift of wholeness - is not something to just have. I am to live it out in my daily life. I am to respond to situations with peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment