Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Thanks Living: Sacrifices of Joy

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Psalm 27:6

God lifts me high above those with thoughts of death and deceit that call for my life. I will enter His presence, offering sacrifices and praise. In His house, I am overcome with joy as I sing, yes, and play music for the Eternal alone. (VOICE)

God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I’m headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I’m singing God-songs; I’m making music to God. (MSG)

Where in this verse is the word "thanks"? Reading this verse the idea of thanksgiving, is there. David is expressing this thankfulness to God for all that He has done for him.

Sacrifices.
This was an expression of thanksgiving. 

Thanks Living.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Psalm 27:6

I've been studying this verse for the past week or so... I'm stuck on the phrase "offer sacrifices of joy".
Do I really even understand the concept of "offering sacrifices". Do I contemplate the COST associated with a true sacrifice? Do I take into account the reverence associated with a true sacrifice? Do I realize the need associated with a true sacrifice? Do I even offer a true sacrifice of joy? How do I?

Thanks Living...... offer sacrifices of joy..... something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment