Saturday, January 9, 2016

Thanks Living: Full of = Spontaneous Thanks!

Then Hezekiah answered and said, “Now that you have consecrated yourselves to the Lord, come near, and bring sacrifices and thank offerings into the house of the Lord.” So the assembly brought in sacrifices and thank offerings, and as many as were of a willing heart brought burnt offerings. 2 Chronicles 29:31

In 2 Chronicles 29:31, the word "consecrated" means "be full of". We are to "be full of the Lord". As I read that, I could only think of a sponge that is saturated with water. When you poke it, or squeeze it, out oozes water. If I am "full of the Lord", I should be oozing out Christ and a love and respect for Him. 

And if you offer a sacrifice of a peace offering to the Lord, you shall offer it of your own free will. Leviticus 19:5 

Spontaneous, "at your own will".

When was the last time that I presented a spontaneous Thank Offering to God? Oh, it's easy to offer thanks to God after He's given me a blessing or two. But when was the last time I spontaneously offered thanks to God simply because He is God? 

If I truly want to create a mind-set and heart-set of "Thanks Living" then I must develop an overwhelming sense of thanks so that I spontaneously offer Thanks Offerings to God. And that overwhelming sense of thanks, only happens when I am "full of the Lord". 

Thanks Living: Full of = Spontaneous Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment