Saturday, May 16, 2015

Specific Purpose

"In it I became a minister in accordance with the divine stewardship which was entrusted to me for you [as its object and for your benefit], to make the Word of God fully known [among you]"
Colossians 1:25 (AMP)

A minister in accordance with the divine stewardship. 
A servant appointed by God. Col 1:25 (VOICE)
"Paul, have been sent on special assignment by Christ as part of God’s master plan." Colossians 1:1 (MSG).

In accordance with divine stewardship.
God's plan with a specific purpose. 

I went to college with the idea that I was going to teach on a "mission field". I "proudly" told God that I'd go ANYWHERE He wanted me to go—as a missionary. 
During my Senior year, God finally got though my thick-skull and worked in my heart. I then was willing to submit to God and "Be ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, God wanted." 

There's a big difference in submitting to God's will with pre-concieved ideas and ideals, and submitting to God 100% allowing Him to decide what is best.

Looking back over the past 29 years (since college graduation), I can honestly say that I would not have personally chosen all the special assignments God designed for me. But I can say, that through each assignment, God has been faithful and has taught me much about Himself and His amazing love. 

Divine stewardship. 
I have a responsibility to share God's grace and mercy. I also have a responsibility to make sure that each and every day, I am obeying my "divine orders" and living in accordance with His Word. 
In order to carry out my special assignment from God, I must be permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG).

No comments:

Post a Comment