Sunday, September 7, 2014

Confidence

“Would you mind if I said something to you?
    Under the circumstances it’s hard to keep quiet.
You yourself have done this plenty of times, spoken words
    that clarify, encouraged those who were about to quit.
Your words have put stumbling people on their feet,
    put fresh hope in people about to collapse.
But now you’re the one in trouble—you’re hurting!
    You’ve been hit hard and you’re reeling from the blow.
But shouldn’t your devout life give you confidence now?
    Shouldn’t your exemplary life give you hope?
Job 4:1-6 (MSG)

As I read these verses this morning, the concept that stood out was, "Where do I put my confidence?" Is my confidence in the life I've lived? Or is my confidence and hope placed in God Almighty?

So, often it's easy to say, see what I HAVE DONE, look at the GOOD I've done, etc. However, based upon God Almighty, my good falls short. It's not about what I HAVE DONE, but rather, what has GOD DONE in and through me? I need to make sure I'm not basing my confidence in me.

I can however, look back and see all that God has done through me and for me. I can take joy that "God did it once, He can do it again!" No matter the situation or circumstances, my confidence should be in God and God alone. For when my confidence is in God Almighty it's easy to create a positive day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment