Friday, November 1, 2013

True and Long-lasting Blessings

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 67. Here is what I learned.

God is the source of our blessings; may every corner of the earth respect and revere Him. Psalm 67:7 (VOICE)

You mark us with blessing, O God. Earth’s four corners—honor him! Psalm 67:7 (MSG)

If I follow the thinking of commercials, if I buy the latest style of phone, or have new newest car, or a new pair of jeans, I’d be filled with peace and contentment. That is, until the next style of phone comes on sale.... then the “old” just wont do anymore. 

But as we all know, having the newest phone, or car, may give us a “moment of thrill”, but it soon fades. Finding contentment and peace in things, provides only disappointment. 

The focus of Psalm 67 is God, the True God. When God marks us with blessing.... not only do we have peace and contentment, but those around us can see God’s “blessing mark” upon us. 

God’s blessings aren’t about things, or being pain free. Rather God’s blessings are simply those reminders of His amazing love. It could be a beautiful sunrise, or sunset. It could be a smile from a stranger. Or a song that lifts our spirits. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes, and are often very unexpected. 

If you are looking for blessings in your life, stop looking to people or things, rather look to God .... He is the only source for true and long-lasting blessings! 

To create a positive day, I only have to be alert to the blessings God is giving me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment