Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ever-Present


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 138. Here is what I learned.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. Psalm 138:7 (AMP)

Lord, ·even when I have trouble all around me [If I walk in the midst of distress], you will keep me alive.
When my enemies are angry, you will ·reach down [send out your hand] and save me by your ·power [right hand]. Psalm 138:7 (EXB)

What? Wait a minute... what does this verse say? “Midst of TROUBLE”? Midst of Distress? I thought that loving God and obeying Him would allow me to AVOID all trouble and distress! 

Well, actually that’s not true. Throughout Scripture God teaches us that our lives will not be “perfect” but rather no matter what happens, God is there with us. 

But why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? Many reasons. Some of which we, in our finite human minds, cannot nor will never understand. Yet, no matter what is happening or what trouble we find ourselves in the midst of we have things we can do. 
1. Determine if the trouble/distress is caused by sin in your life. If it is, confess and make changes so you don’t create that situation again. 
2. Determine if God is teaching you something. Perhaps He is trying to get your attention so that you can create a deeper relationship with God. 
3. Remember that God is still worthy of praise no matter the level of trouble or distress. Who God is does not change based upon us or our circumstances. God is God—period. 
To create a positive day, I need to remember, that when I find myself in the midst of trouble, God is still God and He is ever-present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment