Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Why doesn't God heal you?"

Many times I'm asked, "Why doesn't God heal you?" or "Why does God allow you to be in such pain?" 
What happened today, is a good example that...
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles today. Waited 2 hours for them to complete the transaction in about 8 minutes (ordered a disability license plate). I was VERY thankful I was done in time to make it to my Chiropractor appointment for an adjustment and treatment. (Desperately needed after the 2 hour wait!)

But the 2 hours of waiting was not wasted as I talked to several people and shared that I could smile in spite of my pain—because GOD is good! If I had been "just another person waiting" I don't think anyone would have talked with me. However, since I was standing and pacing from time to time in the back of the room, people noticed me. Several standing near by asked if my injury was recent, or how long I'd be on crutches, etc. And questions such as those provided opportunities to talk about how much God cares for me and loves me—and them too. Seeds were planted today. Wonder who will water & reap?

So, to answer the questions: "Why doesn't God heal you?" or "Why does God allow you to be in such pain?" Living with chronic pain has provided many opportunities to share that God's love is real, and that He provided a way of salvation to all who believe. It seems like on the "higher" pain days, I'm given more opportunities to share God's Gospel with others.

I'm thankful that God's love and joy is able to shine through the pain and radiate to those around me. And that is in direct relation to all those who pray for me! Thank you for praying! God is Good all the time and all the time God is good!

The key to creating a positive day is remembering that God has a specific plan for my life. No matter how I feel or what I'm doing, I have a responsibility to share His love with those I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment