Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rob Me of Joy


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 43. Here is what I learned.

For You are the God of my strength [my Stronghold—in Whom I take refuge]; why have You cast me off? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? Psalm 43:2 (AMP)

God, you are my ·strength [refuge]. Why have you rejected me? Why am I ·sad [going around in mourning] and ·troubled [oppressed] by my enemies? Psalm 43:2 (EXB)

Why do I allow others to rob me of my joy? Why do I allow those who don’t love God to discourage me? Why do I allow the words of others to have such an impact on my life? 

The truth is that too often, I allow what others say to interfere with my goal to create a positive day. When I allow others to dictate where I’m joyful or discouraged, I put those people above God. And that is the wrong place to put any person! 

When someone says something to me that jobs me of joy, I need to first I need to consider who they are. If the person is a dear friend, then I need to evaluate what they said by comparing it to God’s Word. If the person is correcting me, then I need to take heed and get right with God. 

If the person is someone I don’t know, I still need to evaluate what they said. If what they said is not truth, then I need to ignore it and not allow their words to rob me of my joy or hinder me from reaching my goal. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that I’m not allowing the words of others to rob me of the joy that God provides in abundance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment