Monday, August 5, 2013

First NOTICE then React


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 29. Here is what I learned.



The voice of the Lord makes the hinds bring forth their young, and His voice strips bare the forests, while in His temple everyone is saying, Glory! Psalm 29:9 (AMP)

God’s thunder sets the oak trees dancing A wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches.
We fall to our knees—we call out, “Glory!” Psalm 29:9 (MSG)

The voice of the Lord twists mighty oaks and strips the forests bare. In his Temple everyone shouts, “Glory!” Psalm 29:9 (NLT)

"In his temple doth every one speak of his glory." Those who were worshipping in the temple, were led to speak of the greatness of Jehovah as they heard the repeated thunder-claps. The whole world is also a temple for God, and when he rides abroad upon the wings of the wind, all things are vocal in his praise. We too, the redeemed of the Lord, who are living temples for his Spirit, as we see the wonders of his power in creation, and feel them in grace, unite to magnify his name. No tongue may be dumb in God's temple when his glory is the theme. The original appears to have the force of "every one crieth Glory," as though all things were moved by a sense of God's majesty to shout in ecstasy, "Glory, glory." The Treasury of David 

When something gets our attention, we usually act on it. We take notice, and then react, or we take notice and ignore it. But we do notice! 

When God does something, and gets our attention, we need to first NOTICE it, and then we need to react. Our reaction should be one of praise and honor to God. 

This morning, I heard a noise outside my window, when I looked out, there
Two of the skunks running to safety.
were three little skunks playing. I watched them for a bit as they played tag around the tree. When I stepped out on my balcony to take a picture, the flash startled them. Two of the skunks ran for cover, the other simply keep exploring the area. Two kinds of reactions. Two were scared and knew where to go for safety. The other felt safe enough to keep having fun. 

When God gets my attention, could be with a thunderstorm, a sunset, a blessing, or a tragedy—first do I NOTICE? Secondly, how do I react? Do I ignore Him and what He is doing? Or I run and hide.... seeking safety? Do I praise God because of Who He is, knowing that I am safe in His care? 

To create a positive day, when God acts, I need to first NOTICE then react with praise and honor to Him simply because of Who He is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment