20 things I’ve learned over the past 20 years.
- God makes no mistakes.
- When I don’t know the why, I trust the WHO (God).
- When God does reveal His plan, hindsight is so awesome.
- God is very creative in supplying each need.
- Look for God’s blessings, and you’ll find many!
- When you think God has forgotten you, He is really working behind the scenes preparing the next blessing!
- When people tell you it’s “your fault”, remember that they don’t know your heart or God’s plan.
- Pray for God’s will, rather than just want you think should happen. For when you change the focus of your prayer, you realize that God does know what He’s doing - and His plan is greater than what you can imagine.
- Our bodies are wonderfully made by God. Often one doesn’t realize how intricate the body is, until something doesn’t work as well.
- There are basically two types of Doctors. 1) All patients will fit into their pre-described molds. 2) Each patient is different and thinking outside the box is most beneficial for some.
- Don’t blame friends for not hanging around. Often when they can’t “fix” the problem, they move on. It’s ok.
- When God does bring friends into your life who are “God- sent” treat them as the awesome blessings they are!
- There is a balance between telling everyone all your aches and pains, and hiding it from everyone.
- Pain is NOT who you are. Rather, it’s apart of your life, and yes, it often dictates what you can and cannot do.
- When people share the newest and latest “fix” or remedy, Listen! You might just find something worth trying. The rest, well, just remember they want you to feel better.
- In spite of what all the TV ads say, medications do not provide an instant relief.
- The type of music, especially the words can and do impact your emotions and mental stability. Be careful what you listen to.
- It’s ok to cancel and say, “No,” without giving a specific reason. Sometimes you know if you can or can’t do something or be with people.
- Each day you have a limited number of “spoons”, be wise on how you use them. (Learn more about “spoons” here: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/)
- Take time to look back and remember all the blessings God has given you. If you want to look forward, remember that God has blessings waiting, so don’t try to figure it all out or get ahead of yourself . . . or God!
October 25, 2000 - a day my life changed and I started to learn how to trust God in ways I could never imagine.
Happy Blessings Celebration Day!